FIGHTING STUDENT HUNGER
FOR OVER A DECADE
For more than one decade, UCLA Basic Needs has served as a lead advocate for food justice. Campus and community members are invited to join our efforts to combatting food and housing insecurity.
COVID-19 Immediate Resources
- Access our live UCLA Basic Needs Resource Guide. The guide will be updated on a rolling basis as resources modify operations for summer.
- Access the campus' COVID-19 support line at 310-825-3894 on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Visit UCLA Administration: Services Available during Safer at Home Order for updates on available campus services during the "Safer at Home" order.
- Students living in university housing can visit the UCLA housing portal for updates on housing services.
- If you are seeking information regarding early termination of lease, eviction and rent increase protections please read COVID-19 and Terminating a Lease and Eviction Protections.
- Basic Needs Reciprocity at UCLA: During this time, UCLA is offering several basic needs programs for students enrolled at other UC campuses, such as CalFresh application assistance, Financial Wellness Program, [FITTED] and [FITTED] Eats, and the UCLA Teaching Kitchen's virtual cooking classes.
View our upcoming events on Facebook and Instagram.
"I don't really know where I'd be without this... keep putting the positive back into this world, we need it now more than ever."
"You saved my life! Appreciate the healthier options. Thank you."
"Times are tough. Can't afford a meal at times. Thank you!"
"I feel very blessed to be here at UCLA. All of the programs they offer to help students is amazing and even help with bare necessities. I'm touched. Thank you UCLA."
"Thank you so much. Sometimes it can be hard to ask for help but you guys are so much appreciated for all you do. You make school possible for struggling students."
"Thank you for my healthy snack. I'm a commuter and this place has helped me out so many times."